Help requested for AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g Passthrough

DrMucki

1 minute ago, CodingMicrobe said:

Yeah. That’s what I had working (with monitor connected to my system with only APU graphics, no other GPU), even in a VM, until I installed AMD drivers then it broke partially. 
good luck with testing Parsec, just keep in mind you may not get true graphics acceleration. 

i know that. since it is not necessary for my server to run 24/7 i have a dedicated ssd in it for a local installation of win... maybe i can use that later as VM... i'm not that far right now... for me this is testing how it can work later on.

and my server will have no monitor attached until i boot locally. otherwise it really runs headless (that was my intention with unraid)

23 hours ago, Olli said:

i know that. since it is not necessary for my server to run 24/7 i have a dedicated ssd in it for a local installation of win... maybe i can use that later as VM... i'm not that far right now... for me this is testing how it can work later on.

and my server will have no monitor attached until i boot locally. otherwise it really runs headless (that was my intention with unraid)

Did you get some game to run on your VM? Can you please tell how you got it to work? Headless would be fine for me :)

On 3/27/2021 at 10:36 AM, limital said:

Did you get some game to run on your VM? Can you please tell how you got it to work? Headless would be fine for me :)

No. I've seen that my graphic card isn't working now... it says, that it was stopped by the system...

• 3 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 12:15 PM, CodingMicrobe said:

Attached is the Renoir VBIOS I extracted from the ASRock DeskMini X300 BIOS file

Hello, 

how did you get this extract? I tried with spaceinvader script without success. I tried with gpuz without success too!

Which OS/tool did you use

thnaks by advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So are we ready to announce 4650G passthrough does not work and it is waste of time for many people?
For example I've lost surely over 10h total time of my life.
OFC I can't extract bios with SI's script, because "access denied". I tried various bioses.

After fixing the Iommu Group I get this: internal error: Unknown PCI header type '127' for device '0000:0d:00.0'

A BIOS dump of the internal gpu is not possible.

Same here, no progress.

Edited by CobraPL