Decision? Move Cache to XFS or Upgrade to 6.9.0-rc2

Guys, I'm having what appears to be a well known issue with my dockers writing a lot of data to my cache drive (GB per hour). I've seen some suggest its a BTRFS issue with the cache and suggested to reformat it to XFS. I've heard this issue was fixed in the beta 6.9.0-rc2? Is the beta stable enough to move to? I've seen others using it in the signature line. I've been very happy with unRaid so far, but I'm going to burn up this SSD in a month.

46 minutes ago, jay010101 said:

Guys, I'm having what appears to be a well known issue with my dockers writing a lot of data to my cache drive (GB per hour). I've seen some suggest its a BTRFS issue with the cache and suggested to reformat it to XFS. I've heard this issue was fixed in the beta 6.9.0-rc2? Is the beta stable enough to move to? I've seen others using it in the signature line. I've been very happy with unRaid so far, but I'm going to burn up this SSD in a month.

Reformatting to XFS is only a partial solution.

the 6.9.0 release is now at rc2 stage rather than beta.    I run it on my production server so I think it is stable enough :)   As long as you have a backup of your flash you can always easily revert if for some reason you encounter problems.