No webui/terminal etc with ANY plugin installed

benyaki

So I have an ageing server that I have new hardware here to replace (almost all parts, waiting on some HBAs so I can connect all the drives to transfer to new larger ones).

Everything was running fine, then I had a problem with the bios being corrupted, replaced the BIOS chip.

That finally arrived in the mail. Booted up the system last night, everything was OK, started going through and cleaning up some items (older dockers not in use and changed from 2 cache pool down to 1 cache drive.

Tried rebooting - no WebUI.

Can boot into safe mode, but still no webui access or telnet.

Disable autostart.

Removed ALL plugins, can access WebUI again. Great! Except - the first plugin that I add back in - Community Applications, installs properly, looks good, so I reboot to make sure everything works - again, no telnet or WebUI! Shutdown and remove the plugin, can access again.

I have attached diagnostics from when a few plugins were installed but it is the same result. 

Anyone have any ideas? Would like to get this all running and before I switch over to new hardware.

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20201230-1531.zip

It could be that I just ran diagnostics really quickly after it booted and they have not been assigned yet - noticed that on the GUI that they take a few seconds to show up. 

Just to add - I just tried removing CA, added in a couple other plugins (unbalance and unassigned devies) - still prevents me from accessing the WebUI or terminal. 

One thing I did notice earlier was that before when all the plugins were still installed - either in safe mode or normal, I could not ping any address. I just checked now on command line on the machine and can ping an IP address (again, unbalance and unassigned devices are installed, but still no WebUI or telnet access)

Just now, benyaki said:

It could be that I just ran diagnostics really quickly after it booted and they have not been assigned yet

No. In fact, syslog specifically says most of your drives are missing, though smart folder is showing a lot of disks that are not assigned. I see you have Marvell controllers. Those are not recommended, but it seems unusual that the assigned disks would be missing and are instead showing up as unassigned.

I see you replaced BIOS. If your BIOS has enabled IOMMU (VT-d or according to wikipedia AMD calls it AMD-Vi) then that might cause problems with those Marvell controllers that you didn't have before.

Booted it back up, everything was assigned properly, there were 2 unassigned devices (1 which I have in there for no reason, and the second which was the cache drive that was just removed).

The SATA drives are all attached the PCI-X controller cards (Supermicro something-something, cant remember). Nothing on the motherboard.

Anyways, because I was bored, I setup the bare minimum for the new hardware, booted it up (obviously without any drives attached) and it seems to have no problem with the plugins that were installed, whereas with the other (old) motherboard, it still has the problem. I am going to put it down to the new BIOS, and hope for the best on the new hardware?

Edited by benyaki