Happy new year's eve! - best electronic purchase of 2020?

binhex

I've also got the Deco's.  Great for painting your house / outdoors with wifi.

Unfortunately, they do have issues with regards to the firmware.

Most glaring is that if you don't happen to live in the middle of nowhere then it may be an issue that the network is always on a certain channel and cannot be changed, even if there are empty channels present.

One complaint I do have though other than the channel issue (doesn't really affect me) is that I have to disable roaming on certain devices within the Deco software in order for some devices (eg my Ring Doorbell and my Alexas) to be able to connect at all.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Most glaring is that if you don't happen to live in the middle of nowhere

im err lucky? enough to be in the middle of nowhere 🙂

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

is that I have to disable roaming on certain devices

hmm not had that issue, but i dont have a ring doorbell, just got a dorbell that rings sadly.

Don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't trade them at all.  That absolute best thing I find is that I get a notification every time one of my mooching neighbours latch onto my guest network.  One click and poof they're gone.

I used to paint everything with multiple routers etc.  Switching to the mesh network on a Deco made my life so much easier.

15 hours ago, Squid said:

That absolute best thing I find is that I get a notification every time one of my mooching neighbours latch onto my guest network.  One click and poof they're gone.

Damn..that's why I keep having random disconnections. After changing 15 cards now I know the reason :D

Happy new year to all!