Is it possible to disable Code formatting?

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

If I add a code in a forums post, the complete process is slow and the default formatting is HTML. I don't really see the benefit of this "fancy" code colors. I think a faster forum usage is more important. Maybe others think the same and this feature can be disabled?!

And I like to have the quote and code button in the mobile view of the forums. Both are missing:

IMG_20210101_134743.thumb.jpg.7673c5edf67586fa361058005b09a975.jpg

On 1/1/2021 at 7:47 AM, mgutt said:

And I like to have the quote and code button in the mobile view of the forums. Both are missing:

You can type them in

[quote]...[/quote]
[code]...[/code]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 2:51 AM, mgutt said:

Through a mobile device this is a pain.

I second that.

In Case of Design / Space Problems to the mobile Version: nobody needs Bold, Italic or underline.

Edited by MartinG

Looks good to me. Is the preview button really needed? I mean, it's a WYIWYG Editor. It shows the same?!

I think underline is a problem, as it looks like a link. I think links should be in the color like the unraid logo.

6 minutes ago, mgutt said:

I think links should be in the color like the unraid logo.

Agree 100%. I feel that links should look different by default, to draw attention to the fact it's a link. Just underlining isn't enough. I like the idea of defaulting them to Unraid orange, if someone feels strongly about it they can always customize like you can currently. Link

19 minutes ago, mgutt said:

Looks good to me. Is the preview button really needed? I mean, it's a WYIWYG Editor. It shows the same?!

I think underline is a problem, as it looks like a link. I think links should be in the color like the unraid logo.

I’ll make a note to move/remove preview and check out the link color settings after dinner 👍

7 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

move/remove preview

Is there a code view button instead? This would be really helpful to delete accidentally added quotes (which I'm not able to delete trough Chrome Mobile).