Wireguard Possible DNS Issue

Go to solution Solved by jagr200,

Hello Everyone,

Firstly I'd like to say happy new year to everyone.

I'm having an issue when connected where I cannot access anything from the internet. I can access my dockers and RDP to VM's etc no problem but the minute I open a chrome tab and search I receive a DNS error.

I currently have my config setup to "Remote tunneled access" which from the screenshots should give me internet access. I don't believe the config to be the problem and im fairly certain this is a DNS issue. can anyone advice the DNS setup needed to give me access. currently my "Peer DNS Server" is set to the default "(Optional)"

If anyone could advise It'd be hugely appreciated..

Kind Regards,

Screenshot 2021-01-01 124738.png

Screenshot 2021-01-01 125624.png

Screenshot 2021-01-01 125751.png

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrMooreIOM said:

Anyone got any idea on this? any support would be appreciated..

I haven't used Wireguard for a while but I had the same issue and I believe I fixed it my manually adding DNS on the config. See screenshot of my config.

Worth a try if you haven't already.

wire.png.ea10637e86034bd62389af86d623ad1e.png

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • Solution
On 1/28/2021 at 3:03 PM, egtrev said:

I haven't used Wireguard for a while but I had the same issue and I believe I fixed it my manually adding DNS on the config. See screenshot of my config.

Worth a try if you haven't already.

wire.png.ea10637e86034bd62389af86d623ad1e.png

Bumping this up for others. This is a great idea. I keep having to change from 8.8.8.8 to 192.168.1.1 for my wireguard to work. It will work for weeks on one or the other and then it stops. So I use OpenVPN to get back in(server is remote 100% of the time) and I change it to the other and wireguard works again. OpenVPN is depreciated so I was worried eventually that workaround wouldn't work. Made this change and it seems to be working well.

Edited by jagr200