SOLVED - Unraid network flooded and unresponsive

With no changes that I'm aware of my log is suddenly getting flooded with messages like this and network access to Unraid is very slow. Presumably because the NIC is getting overloaded.

Jan 2 23:58:45 Tower kernel: br0: received packet on eth0 with own address as source address (addr:d0:50:99:c2:d5:1b, vlan:0)

I know this message can appear if you have bridged NIC interfaces without bonding them. I do have two NICs connected, but they are neither bridged nor bonded and have been working perfectly for some months with each having its own IP on the same network (I did this to allow VMs to have their own interface). To be sure using two NICs wasn't the issue I temporarily disabled the eth1 interface but the messages persist. The messages come in for both br0 on eth0 and br1 on eth1. I've also tried rebooting, disabling Dockers and VMs, but so far nothing has helped.

It's probably something I've done unwittingly, but I would really appreciate any help in tracking this down! 🙂

Diagnostics attached.

tower-diagnostics-20210102-2358.zip

Edited by Lignumaqua

After hours of testing I now think this is nothing to do with Unraid. Instead, it's a fault with my UniFi WiFi set-up. It seems that when meshing is enabled it is creating a net loop. I've disabled every client and it still does it, so it's one of the UniFi devices themselves rather than a client. If I disable meshing all is good.

This is clearly off topic for Unraid. So I consider this solved.