[Solved] Multiple errors (Unregistered - Flash device error) and fork errors

Hi

I have 3 servers running UNRAID. One of them is acting up lately and I cannot find the root cause.

I am running v6.9.0-rc2 at the moment. The issue appeared already before that in previous version as well, and I don't think it's version related.

The errors I get after running about 10-60 minutes (different on each reboot) is amongst others the following:

image.png.11f3bb72baa2b7fda282f8839dd366f9.png

"Unregistered - flash device error (ENOFLASH7)"

"fork() failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)"

I started getting flash error on my previous flash drive as well. I thought it was ending it's lifespan, so I replaced the USB stick and requested a new key for the new USB stick, however I am still getting errors on the new flash device as well. The GUID is correct and the key is representing the GUID. I believe the error is elsewhere.

I also get jibberish on the Unraid pages and eventually the server's dockers shut down and the server needs to be rebooted.

I cannot exchange the USB key again to test, since I am not allowed to do this without cost for another year according to Limetech policy.

I upgraded my setup a while back back from a Intel system to a AMD system. I have not run into issues until recently.

Anyone having had this issue? Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Attaching diagnostics

fullback-diagnostics-20210103-1229.zip

It appears that it may be the C-states issue previously discussed in regards earlier AMD Ryzen CPUs affects Ryzen 5 (5900x) series as well. I have now disabled C-states, and the error has not come up yet. I will monitor for a few days and mark as solved if I don't encounter the errors again. This on my ASUS X570-E Gaming motherboard.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

• hobbis changed the title to [Solved] Multiple errors (Unregistered - Flash device error) and fork errors