Filled array drive unmountable, how to emulate for xfs_repair?

I'm fairly new to unraid, having moved over from FreeNAS about 6 weeks ago.

I have 2 parity 12TB, 4 array 12TB, 6 array 6TB, and 2 cache 500GB.

I was playing around with different share settings and was having deluge to actively download to /mnt/cache/downloads/, then move completed downloads to a different folder under /mnt/user0/downloads-seeding/.... i did this so download writes go to SSDs until the files are complete, and then store the files on the array for sonarr/radarr to move/copy/hardlink into /mnt/user/media.. (i found when downloading to /mnt/user/downloads and moving to /mnt/user/downloads-seeding/ that the data stayed on the cache pool and subsequently the copies to /mnt/user/media/ also were on the cache and not the array)... this was working fine for a week or so until last night when my cache drive filled up to 100% when I was asleep, but seemingly continued to function properly for a while. i have a 2TB SSD on the way for me to mount as an unassigned drive for downloads, this way cache can be dedicated to important things like appdata. i may have corrupted my docker containers with the cache having filled up, but this issue is now secondary and i have disabled docker until i can resolve the below issue.

when i woke up, i found that FCP was reporting that disk1 was filled up or could not be written to, i had recently changed my media share to "Fill-up" allocation with a 50GB free space minimum, but the main tab showed that disk1 was only at 10.1TB used of 12TB total so it's not filled yet. i tried rebooting and restarting the array, now the drive shows as unmountable, with the option to format and create a filesystem on the unmountable disk. there's data on the disk, so obviously i don't want to do that.

i was looking at this thread with a similar issue on the unmountable drive, where the OP said he was able to emulate the drive and run a command to resolve his issue, but i can't find any info on what it means to emulate a disk or how to reproduce what he did exactly.

OK, now it's showing filesystem corruption, you need to run xfs_repair on the emulated disk, start the array in maintenance mode and run:

xfs_repair -v /dev/md7

i'm running a diagnostic export if that's necessary, but it's taking a long while. in the meantime, can someone explain how i could emulate the disk in order to appropriately run the above command?

andrews-unraid-diagnostics-20210103-1406.zip

Edited by [email protected]