[solved] Two drives not mountable (no file system and unsupported partition layout) although freshly formatted in XFS

makin

Hello everyone, 

I just recently started tinkering with unraid and really love it so far. But I am having problems with two drives. One cache drive (64GB SSD) and another one (new one) that I wanted to add to my array. Both disks have been formatted to XFS in unraid. So I have no idea why it gives me those errors. What is odd, is the displayed filesystem "auto".

Would really appreciate some help here.

Thank you very much in advance.

makin

EDIT: Ok, after checking on some similar threads with the same problem I stumbled upon the solution. But I am still not certain why this is different to what I did. So to prepare the disks for the array/cache, I clicked on FORMAT next to the disk and selected XFS as file system type. This time I clicked on FORMAT at the bottom of the page so that unraid selected the file systems by itself (I did not know that there was a difference?!). Would still like to know what the issue is with the way I proceeded? I mean, what if I do not want to format all unmountable disks?

gravity-diagnostics-20210103-2131.zip

1457050072_Bildschirmfoto2021-01-03um21_29_36.thumb.png.c3459bc036234510044d9dc47437006c.png

Edited by makin
solved it myself