Using NVIDIA GPU acceleration in Tdarr

I have set up Tdarr to transcode all of my new media that I currently watch on Jellyfin but I don't think hardware acceleration is working. I have followed a few threads to try and solve this and I have added the necessary variables in the docker container (extra parameters, GPU ID and parameters). I am using the tdarr_aio container.

I have tried to only enable Tdarr plugins that use the installed GPU but the workers just send the files into the Cancel/error header. If I enable the CPU plugin, the files begin to transcode.

I have hardware acceleration working for Jellyfin, so I know it isn't the plugin.

Any ideas? Thanks

Edited by corfoto4

What Unraid version are you running?

If you are running 6.8.3 you need a custom build from my Unraid-Kernel-Helper thread with Nvidia enabled (prebuilt images are in the first post of this thread on the bottom).

If you are running 6.9.0RC2 go to the CA App and search for 'Nvidia-Driver' and follow the instructions.

I would recommend to upgrade to 6.9.0RC2 but please keep in mind that you have to upgrade to 6.9.0RC2 reboot the server, after that you are able to find the 'Nvidia-Driver' in the CA App.

EDIT: Keep in mind that the container from Tdarr has to support Nvidia HW acceleration, is this a official container from the CA App or a self imported from DockerHub?