Hitachi 7K3000 7200 RPM 2TB drive. Good?

Anyone use these drives? They are only about $110 compared to the WD Black which is around $175. I would love to continue to keep getting the WD Black series, but seeing there is more companies coming out with the same specs I don't think WD should keep their prices so high anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I never bought one of these...had to spend money on something else. I'm still interested as they are only $119 from Amazon. Not bad compared to WD $179. The Hitachi only have 32MB cache, so that will decrease performance a little for me. Here is my problem.

I have 7 WD Black drives. All have 64MB cache. If I were to buy/install an Hitachi 7200 32MB cache drive would that decrease my performance over the entire array just because of that one drive?

Right now my parity drive is a brand new 2TB WD Black drive. Wasted space right now since my array is all 1TB drives, but I do plan on throwing some 2TB drives in there.

I did find out the 7K3000 drives do have 64MB cache onboard. Hopefully these will keep up with what I'm use to. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using WD Black drives and would like to make the jump to 2TB - but OUCH!  For the price of a WD 2TB Black one could purchase a 7K3000 (Currently on sale at Newegg for $109.00 + Free shipping) and a WD Ears or Hitachi 5K3000 (also on sale).

Has anyone had experience with how the 7K3000 performs as a parity drive?