[Support] A75G - Blueiris

• 2 weeks later...

recently looking into Blue Iris. installed the docker, got it working but i seem to be seeing the same issues reported very early in this topic. wrong time zone, random freezing in the console view, and in the end i tried updating the docker with the apps built in updating system and that killed it. how much development does this docker receive or is this just a wine port? I'm weighing if i should just create a windows VM. id rather not but if the docker is going to cost me, i would like to be able to stay up on current updates at the very least.

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 4:28 AM, Akagami said:

i updated in-app the BI version and now it goes into bootloop never starting (docker starts fine and WINE runs its just the BI  app that wont launch)

did some dependensies change that require a change in the docker itself?

I was curious if anyone found a work around for this issue? i followed the directions but BI will not start now no matter what i try to do

Billy

Disregard , i went ahead and installed windwos 10 on vm and is working

Edited by ocyberbum
  • 2 months later...

Any tricks to keeping the license persistent I installed the app deactivated my license from my dedicated pc and applied it to the app here it seemed to accept it as the demo watermark went away but it seems to have dropped it on a restart is there something I've missed?

This container does not work as smoothly as a version installed on a windows VM.

I was forced to install the only VM for this use because BI is THE software that manages 17 cameras for a long time.

I am faithful to him but it takes reactivity.

What the VM gives me with enough memory to satisfy the needs.

I'm like on a real BI installed on a normal windows.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, tvd1 said:

Anyone have an alternatives to the mobile app? It costs $10 (!!!!) in the app store and the reviews stink. 

If you haven't already, I would suggest buying it.  The reviews do not match my experience, used this app on iPhone and android for years.  Unfortunately, like most here, could not get it to work in docker so running a windows VM with bi ver. 4 and no issues whatsoever.  You could get a separate app like TinycamPro, but you will miss out on the recordings and just access the streams live.

One annoying issue a while back with the app on android was some update that broke function.  I'd recommend keeping an app backup of it if you auto-update to avoid it breaking again due to a bad update.  At $10, it is the most expensive app, but it's worth it over time.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I so much wanted this Docker to work but I had nothing but issues with it.  I switched to running BI in a VM (had to buy a Windows 10 License for about $29 USD) and have had virtually no issues since.  Maybe 2 years now?  I also upgraded the VM to windows 11 since it was an option and through that it has continued to work very well.  I also recall that when I made the change the Unraid CPU Usage was not really any higher with the VM than with the Docker so no real downside from my perspective.....  Just an FYI.....