[Support] A75G - Blueiris

need to edit path in template to be /root/prefix32/ is appdata directory.

UI3 doesnt install automatically to www folder.

Like said above wish i could get resolution to work. gonna keep playing

this was on latest docker i switched to gpu

Edited by ryanm91
On 1/7/2021 at 12:52 PM, TRusselo said:

Thank FSM that you RTFM. 

Thats the first thing i would have done is export/import

Found a simple method using regedit in the github reported issues (https://github.com/jshridha/docker-blueiris/issues/35)

Other problems I have found workarounds for:

- Freespace detection in BI under wine shows the root drives free space. Wine maps/mounts unraid shares as a folder mapping. I got around this by ticking to not monitor free space in BI settings. 

- No H265 decoder available according to error log. I changed the camera to H264+ and the error disappeared.

Outstanding issues that arent immediately apparent after looking at scripts and dockerfile:

1. Resolution bug. Not all resolutions seem to take effect. RESOLUTION=1920x1080x24 does not work. RESOLUTION=1440x768x24 seemed to be larger vertically so I could click OK buttons but then it isnt consistent.

2. Registering BI seems to work but the registration doesnt survive reboots/restarts of blueiris.exe. The evalution version notice stays on presumably because it isnt restarted after registering. (Looks like BlueIris 5 licences do not allow upgrades within the current major version as soon as the licence has expired - huge security risk if not receiving updates and default behaviour is to expose to the internet 🤬)  

3. Changing any settings in unraid deletes the docker and hence wine environment. I have to install everything from scratch.

When the blueiris was working for about 5 minutes I was seeing 5% cpu usage on a 6700k for 5x 1080p camera feeds (no transcoding/frame analysis). It was promising as I typically was seeing around 10-20% cpu usage on a VM running just BlueIris. For now I will need to spin up the VM until hopefully these bugs can be sorted. Will try and run a single camera feed and not import settings and see if that fixes any issues. 

Edited by Sw337s

okay got mine working i could not use an appdata folder like we usually do. I used a docker volume to create persistant data. I have my system up and running. i am using leonowski/docker-blueiris. I mapped paths to docker home folder and pointed blueiris to those so i dont store video in the container. working on getting webui set up but so far liking it more than shinobi.

20 hours ago, Sw337s said:

Found a simple method using regedit in the github reported issues (https://github.com/jshridha/docker-blueiris/issues/35)

Other problems I have found workarounds for:

- Freespace detection in BI under wine shows the root drives free space. Wine maps/mounts unraid shares as a folder mapping. I got around this by ticking to not monitor free space in BI settings. 

- No H265 decoder available according to error log. I changed the camera to H264+ and the error disappeared.

Outstanding issues that arent immediately apparent after looking at scripts and dockerfile:

1. Resolution bug. Not all resolutions seem to take effect. RESOLUTION=1920x1080x24 does not work. RESOLUTION=1440x768x24 seemed to be larger vertically so I could click OK buttons but then it isnt consistent.

2. Registering BI seems to work but the registration doesnt survive reboots/restarts of blueiris.exe. The evalution version notice stays on presumably because it isnt restarted after registering. (Looks like BlueIris 5 licences do not allow upgrades within the current major version as soon as the licence has expired - huge security risk if not receiving updates and default behaviour is to expose to the internet 🤬)  

3. Changing any settings in unraid deletes the docker and hence wine environment. I have to install everything from scratch.

When the blueiris was working for about 5 minutes I was seeing 5% cpu usage on a 6700k for 5x 1080p camera feeds (no transcoding/frame analysis). It was promising as I typically was seeing around 10-20% cpu usage on a VM running just BlueIris. For now I will need to spin up the VM until hopefully these bugs can be sorted. Will try and run a single camera feed and not import settings and see if that fixes any issues. 

add a docker volume by typing blueiris instead of a path like normal docker setups. This will create a persistant docker volume. Note that the default template on this page the persistant data was not in /home/wineuser/prefix it was in /root/prefix

something in the latest dev container by author is broken to where it won't set permissions of the volume however i installed with leonowiski got it setup went back to latest dev by author and got everthing working. 4 camera's using 18% cpu according to dashboard (could be my system i didn't pin the app). even got remote access working by port. Maybe i'll find a swag redirect but so far no luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I've been trying to resolve a couple of issues (without luck) for Blueiris via Docker.

1.  The time displayed in Blueiris is UTC... yet running date via docker CLI is correct (Auckland, NZ time zone)

2. Increasing the screen resolution, not sure where I should do this?  Most menus etc are cut off due to the size of the window.

Whilst doing this troubleshooting and removing/reinstalling I've now got into a state where I can't run it at all.. Well, running it then going to the GUI (or /vnc.html) shows the attached desktop, which I'm assuming is a WINE desktop. 

If I remove Blueiris and select to delete the image, then try to download again, I am seeing that some image IDs already exist (may be the cause of my WINE desktop issue).  Is there some files somewhere I need to manually remove?

Thanks for any help for this unraid noob who is still learning as he goes :)  I am looking forward to using BlueIris in docker and utilising the VM for something else.

Cheers,
Grant

blueiris-docker.PNG

blueiris-docker2.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Running fine for me with the exception of the time being in UTC no matter what I try. Interestingly the /etc/timezone file is set for UTC, so I thought that would be the trick, but the system itself thinks it has the correct time anyway so changing that to my TZ did nothing. Resolution can be sorted by editing the 'screen' section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf. 

Edited by erb
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All

I'm trying to get the blueiris version 4 installed with the variable. But i cant get it to work any which way does any one have any idea. also side question i was also of thinking if i could band the docker to its own Ethernet interface so i could get better network operformance. let me know what people think.

Gary 

Edited by Gary489
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here running this docker successfully?  I've got a PC running beside my current OLD unRAID build, but was considering trying to use this on my new build (AMD FX chip from 2014) to a Ryzen 9 3900x (testing now)

Would be nice to move BI into unraid and decommission the extra PC, but I don't see a lot of talk in here.  Also, can the latest BI.exe be moved in to keep it updated?