Looking for best cloud storage service

cryptothedog

If you want a free cloud system then nextcloud will be the best you can get. It is however a bear to troubleshoot as documentation is all over the place. if you want a simple set it and forget it system then the Synology would be the way to go. We have offered both as solutions to our clients and typically we end up going with a synology as it is much less of a pain.

Assuming you already have an unRaid server running you have a few options from docker:

• Nextcloud: i use it only because the android app has a build-in photo backup feature that works very well. But the move to 'Nextcloud Hub' is not my thing.
  • Seafile: very good file server and felt a bit 'faster' then nextcloud in my case but no photo upload in android app. (well, the feature is there but didn't work on my Xiaomi Mi 9T)
  • Pydio: like seafile but i haven't tested it. The new update to 'Pydio Cells' is (again) not my thing.
  • Filebrowser: more basic but works very well. Also less hassle to setup. I like the GUI, clean and simple.
  • Like 1