Dell R410 not loading unraid

Hi everyone, i am trying to setup unraid on my dell poweredge r410 and am getting this error: Failed to allocate memory for kernel command line, bailing out. Booting kernel failed: Bad file number. I've tried several usb drives and none of them are working with legacy or uefi boot. When i try bios boot, it just sits there flashing after the "remote access setup". Any clues as to what i could try? My bios is updated to the latest version that Dell released. I have 32gig of ram in it. Dual Xeon 6c CPUs. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

53 minutes ago, parzival30 said:

Any clues as to what i could try?

See if the Unraid flash will boot on another computer. That would confirm that the flash is working correctly.

See if you can boot something other than Unraid from a flash drive on your server. That would confirm that the server is configured to boot from flash.

55 minutes ago, trurl said:

See if the Unraid flash will boot on another computer. That would confirm that the flash is working correctly.

See if you can boot something other than Unraid from a flash drive on your server. That would confirm that the server is configured to boot from flash.

I just tried booting from a esxi boot drive and it booted fine. 

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Do you mean booting esxi from a USB port booted fine?

Also, make sure you are trying to boot Unraid from a USB2 port. Some people seem to have issues when booting from USB3 port.

Yeah, i can boot from it on another computer, and i am booting off a usb2 port. Yes, esxi booted off the same usb port fine as well. 

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That's a common issue with Dell, you can try this:

Thanks for that. I'm not a linux guy, so i'm not exactly sure how to do that. Or what files he was talking about. I can spin up a vm with Archlinux on it if needed, but am not sure what i would need to do after that. His post didn't make much sense. :(

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

As I understand you just need to install syslinux (after updating it) on the flash drive with:

syslinux --install /dev/sdX1

Replace X with correct letter.

Ok, i'll give it a shot, still not super clear on how to install Syslinux, but i'll see if i can do it. I'm setting up an Arch VM now.