External Server port forwarding to UNRAID in LAN

Not tried it, but you might be able to set up the external server to act as a WireGuard server and then configure WireGuard in UnRAID (using the Server <-> Server option) to connect to it.   If that tunnel is set to auto-start you should then have an established link between the two that you can use.

be interested to get feedback on whether this works (or if others have done something similar).

• 2 weeks later...

For preparation, I rented an external virtual server with a public IP address. Locally I configured a VM with pfSense. pfSense is up and working, standard NAT and test clients can access the Internet.

How to proceed from here? Looking for help, tutorials, documentation here.

Can pfSense connect to the external Server with SSH and could I forward all ports from external to the WAN interface of pfSense?

Managed to get ports tunneled from the outside to my servers/dockers. Using SSH remote port forwarding. Now in the process of automating everything and getting reverse proxy setup again including certificates.

If there is interest from others, I would be happy to write up a little howto once everything is up and running.

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, UnraidDuck said:

Managed to get ports tunneled from the outside to my servers/dockers. Using SSH remote port forwarding. Now in the process of automating everything and getting reverse proxy setup again including certificates.

If there is interest from others, I would be happy to write up a little howto once everything is up and running.

I would definitely be interested in how this is done!

Hi UnraidDuck

I am also interested. The thing I know from German Unraid Forum (more precisely from User YB1898) that this is due to DS-Lite. In his setup he went even further and is using Sophos as a firewall (unfortunatelly I don't know how exactly he has set this up). But if you know how this is working, I would highly appreciate a guide, or I am willing to write it on my own, if someone would help me out set everything up (I'll just protocol everything I do until it works and if I do it fully on my own, I'll most probably do some seveire misstakes and I am afraid that my server would be exposed to the internet and I might loose data / get hacked).

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Actually there are two solutions I manged to get going. One very complicated with an external vserver and costs attached. The other using a free cloudflare tunnel. Works great! There is even a video about it:

There is a lively support group on the associated discord server. :)

• Like 1