SOLVED - UEFI Boot - W10 Gaming VM Nvidia - Failed to mmap

I setup a W10 gaming VM and am getting ~100 FPS or less on CSGO whereas I get ~325 FPS on bare metal. 

I'd prefer not to shutdown unRAID and boot up W10 when I want to game so I've tried creating a few VM's pointing to the same vdisk which are i440fx4.2 vs Q35-4.2, Hyper V no/yes, USB 2.0/3.0, and various other combinations but nothing seems to improve.  In fact, at one point I was getting between 100-200 FPS but no longer get that amount. 

I just changed my unRAID to boot UEFI as I read it was the preferred way to boot a VM and might help the FPS but now I receive a Failed to mmap error when it tries to load the GPU and the log quickly fills to 100% causing me to have to reboot the entire server.

That said, should I continue to try and figure out how to get the VM working with unRAID in UEFI vs Legacy and what would next steps be?

Edited by bugsysiegals
  • 11 months later...

There was one setting, not sure which, that allowed slightly better than 100 FPS, maybe 125-150 FPS, but at the end of the day none of them came half as close to bare metal performance.  As a result, I ended up needing to shut down unRAID and boot my Windows 10 SSD which sucked since my security cams record from an unRAID Windows 10 VM (Blue Iris) and shutting down unRAID resulted in shutting down my security cams.