Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB 5900 RPM 79.99@newegg

Tybio

well if your on east cost its free shipping no sales tax and 3day shipping from newegg opposed to amazon supper saver shipping witch can take more then a week to get it  ;) anyway nice find ordered one this morning

Update: since i ordered before 12pm they just sent me order confirm  says it will ship today and since its coming from there NJ ware house it will be here tomorrow weather permitting in NYC  ;D

While the no sales tax is on Amazon is pretty tempting (particularly since sales tax in my area is almost 10%), Amazon's packaging is just atrocious. They just have the hard drive tethered on a piece of cardboard and there's practically no cushion in the tiny box they ship it in.

While the no sales tax is on Amazon is pretty tempting (particularly since sales tax in my area is almost 10%), Amazon's packaging is just atrocious. They just have the hard drive tethered on a piece of cardboard and there's practically no cushion in the tiny box they ship it in.

I had a completely opposite experience. I ordered one of these from Amazon a few weeks back and I received the drive in an ESD bag, which was suspended with black plastic drive holders inside a perfectly sized cardboard Seagate box, which was all inside of a slightly larger box packed with brown paper corrugated packing material. I was perfectly pleased with the packaging.

I had a completely opposite experience. I ordered one of these from Amazon a few weeks back and I received the drive in an ESD bag, which was suspended with black plastic drive holders inside a perfectly sized cardboard Seagate box, which was all inside of a slightly larger box packed with brown paper corrugated packing material. I was perfectly pleased with the packaging.

Hmm, maybe they changed their packaging. It's quite likely they've received several complaints regarding that. The ESD bag is standard. Mine was in an ESD bag, too, but the drive wasn't really protected aside from that. It was a WD10EADS bought a while ago (probably back in 2009). After that experience, I never bought an HDD from Amazon again. I'm in need of HDD's for my new ProLiant MicroServer. Maybe I'll give Amazon a try again and pick up a couple of these.