Autostart Array and Docker?

I have a configuration question around the auto options for when rebooting Unraid,

Is there a guide or recommendation (personal or official?)  on if having the array and dockers etc set to auto start when the system boots? Does it cause any issues or what is the suggestions on the forums?

Also if there is an issue with the array in future, is there a way to disable this should it cause boot issues in future? (like Windows has Safemode) does unraid have a disable auto start option should there be issues in the future?

When you turn on your server and use a directly connected monitor there are options for 

Boot

Boot with Gui

Boot into Safemode 

Keep in mind you only have 4seconds to click an option and then you can boot into the above modes. 

However any of those modes above will still abide to whatever settings you setup for auto starting your array. I normally when I make HUGE system changes I'll disable auto start of my drives unless its just a casual reboot I don't disable it. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks i wasnt sure (dont normally have a screen connected) if there was an option and wasnt sure if people did it in general :)

I also would assume the VM/Docker auto start will not kick in until the array is fully started making it Array -> docker/vm

Is there like a boot order for the docker or if i have like 3 dockers kick off the boot will the system start all of them at the one time?

48 minutes ago, brent3000 said:

Is there like a boot order for the docker or if i have like 3 dockers kick off the boot will the system start all of them at the one time?

Dockers will be started up sequentially (but effectively at the same time), in the order on the docker page.

On the docker page, in advanced view, you can specify a start delay between specific dockers being started if needed.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Dockers will be started up sequentially (but effectively at the same time), in the order on the docker page.

On the docker page, in advanced view, you can specify a start delay between specific dockers being started if needed.

And you can rearrange their order by dragging them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info all :) 

Going to configure the auto enable as it seems like there should be no issues with a stable system using the auto start and there is a safe mode should something go south  :D 

Found the docker stuff too cheers, never noticed the advanced menu before on the docker screen 

You can also click and assign how long a delay between each docker starts. I have Plex my primary docker start 30seconds after boot and each docker after that 15seconds too. I figure it allows the system to come up a little more graceful and allow things to even out and reduce the hammering due to everything starting at once.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kizer said:

I have Plex my primary docker start 30seconds after boot and each docker after that 15seconds too

Does the order get take this into consideration ontop of this?

Example if i have Docker A, B, C each set to 5sec delay, does that mean docker C wont start till ~15sec later?

13 hours ago, brent3000 said:

Does the order get take this into consideration ontop of this?

Example if i have Docker A, B, C each set to 5sec delay, does that mean docker C wont start till ~15sec later?

Actually i think it would be 10 sec as the delay is the time after a docker has been started to wait before attempting to start the next one :) .  The idea is the time specified should be enough for that particular docker container to finish starting up which is relevant if other containers depend on it already being running.