Application or Operating system?

Hello,

I'm considering options for my business and I need the features of unRaid ( ability to add drives of varying sizes like the Synology Hybrid Raid ) which nobody has created a real alternative to, and I need the features/flexibility of Linux Mint.  Before considering buying this setup, just so I understand how this works, this is an entire operating system and not an application?

It would make a lot of sense if it could be made into an application that can run on Linux Mint or other Linux Distros akin to Webmin or Cockpit.

I can't lose the features I have with Linux Mint 20 on my system and I can't continue without features like unRaid has, kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

Thanks for any assistance with making my decision.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 4:36 PM, marcusah said:

I can't lose the features I have with Linux Mint 20 on my system and I can't continue without features like unRaid has, kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

Just curious, which features specifically would you miss?

I ask this because I'm experimenting with Mint in VMs on an Unraid host (both Cinnamon and Xfce) with a view to changing over my day-to-day sofa warrior laptop