Need Help with Patched 6.8.3 Unraid Kernel

Hi,

i am a first time user of Unraid. My plan was to make a unraid server, for multiseat VM gaming. I have a amd ryzen 3800x, a rx5700 xt as a main GPU and a my second GPU is a rx 480 8g, 32g of RAM all running on a B450 Aurus Motherboard. I worked for at least 50h, trying to make that VM gaming Setup to work. Now I have 2 working Win 10 VMs running on Q35-4.2, by passing through my main GPU and its Soundcard with a custom VBIOS. 

Boot parameters:

kernel /bzimage
append vfio-pci.ids=1022:43d5 pcie_acs_override=downstream,multifunction initrd=/bzroot pci=noats

Passing through my Onboard Soundcard doesn't work for some Reason. Passing through one of my USB busses did.

Now we get to my problem. Everytime I startup a Win10 VM, it starts to the Win10 selfrepair thingy, fails, and crashes on restart. Then I have to force stop the VM and restart it. Sometimes I have to repeat that a second time, but eventhualy the VM starts up correctly. Secondly I have the AMD reset bug on the VM with my main GPU, even if I softly stop my VM(I think it crashes on shutdown for some reason). The second VM with the rx 480 works fine, no shutdown crashes, no reset bug jet. I tried to reset the GPU via a custom reset Script, did't work (whole UnRaid server crashed). 

Only thing I have left to do is to aply the navi reset patch(i hope). I have no idea how to do that, so i tried to find a prepatched kernel. The only one I was able to find, was for a 6.8.0-rc5 UnRaid server. So i tried to find the accordig Server on the web. No luck there, neither on Archive.

Could someone give me a prepatched Kernel or Unraid 6.8.0-rc5 or something else that could help me with my problem?

I tried for at least 8h now to learn how to compile a custom Kernal and gave up by now. Never used Linux ever btw.

Tyvm

Edited by Skaterscare
  • 3 months later...