Re: unRAID Server Release 4.7 "final" Available

Stucco

Well now I'm in the market for a new MB.  Anyone have a suggestion of the perfect unraid board?  I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo E4300.

Formulating a plan to recover.

For brevity's sake I have a messed up drive A (original HPA problem)

1) Get new MB without HPA

2) Disconnect parity drive and hook up to other PC, run seatools and set sectors back to correct size

3) Replace MB and reinstall parity drive

4) Boot, verify contents of parity is in place and valid

5) Run hdparm on A

6) Allow unraid to rebuild the contents of A

My only concern is that the contents of the parity are currently wiped because of hpdarm, and using seatools will not allow them to be recovered.  If this is the case, I think I have to backup the contents of A to other drives elsewhere, then rebuild parity without drive A and copy the contents back over.  Would this even work?

Well now I'm in the market for a new MB.  Anyone have a suggestion of the perfect unraid board?  I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo E4300.

Formulating a plan to recover.

For brevity's sake I have a messed up drive A (original HPA problem)

1) Get new MB without HPA

2) Disconnect parity drive and hook up to other PC, run seatools and set sectors back to correct size

3) Replace MB and reinstall parity drive

4) Boot, verify contents of parity is in place and valid

5) Run hdparm on A

6) Allow unraid to rebuild the contents of A

My only concern is that the contents of the parity are currently wiped because of hpdarm, and using seatools will not allow them to be recovered.  If this is the case, I think I have to backup the contents of A to other drives elsewhere, then rebuild parity without drive A and copy the contents back over.  Would this even work?

Take a look at the Hardware Compatibility Page for a start and then look through the threads here to get an idea on what people are using.  From there , just go to Newegg and narrow down the list to something like this.  I would probably go with the board in the middle because it has built in video.

Archived