Restarted Unraid array and got a php error...

I have have been using Unraid 6.8.3 Pro for a while now and all has been great... until today.  I have been cleaning up my data and thought this would be a good time to restart the array.  I followed my normal procedure:

1. Stop all VM's and Dockers.

2. Stop the array.

3. Shutdown Unraid.

I added a couple new disks to preclear before adding them to the array,  When I restarted, I got the below error:

" Array Started•Warning: version_compare() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.php on line 949∞ °F∞ °FUnraid® webGui ©2020, Lime Technology, Inc. manual  unRAID FAQ  Docker FAQ VM FAQ  Forum  Videos
Updating all Containers".

Everything seems to work ok, but I am concerned about the reference to parity.check.tining.php  on line 949.  I also can't make sense of the words after the error.

I submitted my current hardware profile and attached the log I have after reboot.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Mike.

LogAfterReboot.txt

That is an error generated within the Parity Check Tuning plugin's code that should only be possible if there is something wrong with the /etc/unraid-version file on the system (that is being used to check what version of Unraid is currently running).   Since the contents of that file are built into Unraid it's contents should always be correctly formatted.   That implies to me that there might be some RAM issue that has lead to that file being corrupted, especially as the rest of the logged message looks like gibberish.

As a check I would be interested if you could start up a console session and use the command

cat /etc/unraid-version

and post the results.   I would expect it to be something of the form

version="6.8.3"

• Like 1

This is the response from the cat command:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
root@Behemouth:~# cat /etc/unraid-version
version="6.8.3"
root@Behemouth:~#

I have not had any other "weird" errors pop up before this error. The gibberish looks to me like something generated from a HTML web page, as a footer perhaps?

How do I fix this?  Would this be a good time to "Upgrade" to version 6.9? I saw where it was at RC 2 now.  How stable is it?  I only really use the storage features, run 2 VM's (Ubuntu and Windows) regularly and a few Dockers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike.

1 hour ago, Mr-Cpu said:

This is the response from the cat command:

Linux 4.19.107-Unraid.
root@Behemouth:~# cat /etc/unraid-version
version="6.8.3"
root@Behemouth:~#

I have not had any other "weird" errors pop up before this error. The gibberish looks to me like something generated from a HTML web page, as a footer perhaps?

How do I fix this?  Would this be a good time to "Upgrade" to version 6.9? I saw where it was at RC 2 now.  How stable is it?  I only really use the storage features, run 2 VM's (Ubuntu and Windows) regularly and a few Dockers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mike.

The contents look correct - but then the error should not have been generated so do not know what happened.

44 minutes ago, itimpi said:

error should not have been generated

The error is actually correct (although I haven't seen it), as ...helpers.php

$unraid = parse_ini_file("/etc/unraid-version");

which means that the line in question should be ..tuning.php

version_compare('6.8.3', $unraid['version'],'>')

• Thanks 1

Looking closer at the startup log file I attached earlier, I noticed line 23 "Jan 8 22:47:10 Behemouth root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: ca.mover.tuning.plg Not Compatible with unRaid version 6.8.3" .  Could this be the issue?  How can I check Squid's reference about ...tuning.php.  I understand php quite well, I was a developer and Project Manager for a large Electric Utility  company for 30 years and developed  a lot of applications for them, mostly in php.

Mike.