[REQUEST] Webtrees

nikm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nginx has been replaced with SWAG; but it should work with NGINX docker. But it's recommended you upgrade. There are posts about it. 

You can download the Webtrees package:

http://webtrees.net/download

Go to /cache/appdata/YourNginxDockerFolderHere/www/

Extract the downloaded files into this folder. Everything should be in a sub-directory called "webtrees".

Then in your browser, go to the Nginx WebUI address... and then add "/webtrees/" at the end of the URL. Hit "Enter" and you should see the UI.

I tested it and it worked....

image.thumb.png.0a552da367968fb15fe73b06bd5af553.png

You will need to install and properly configure the MariaDB Docker. You may even need to manually create the database for webtrees. I don't know if the wizard will create the table for you. If you don't know how to do that, please Google it.

Good luck.

Edited by hernandito
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...

I'm also taking a look at this. I saw the nginx Docker for getting a basic webserver up and running (youtube). But ... how about making it available outside the network safely? Plodding through spaceinvader's howto dealing with Letsencrypt/SWAG youtube 19:20 and the specific dockers that need to get passed through to ports, there are config files in appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs

There are many in there, but none are for nginx, which makes me think I'm about to break something.

Any ideas there? Thanks!

On 10/22/2021 at 1:11 AM, dkerlee said:

I'm also taking a look at this. I saw the nginx Docker for getting a basic webserver up and running (youtube). But ... how about making it available outside the network safely? Plodding through spaceinvader's howto dealing with Letsencrypt/SWAG youtube 19:20 and the specific dockers that need to get passed through to ports, there are config files in appdata/swag/nginx/proxy-confs

There are many in there, but none are for nginx, which makes me think I'm about to break something.

Any ideas there? Thanks!

Hi…. Nginx is Swag….. if you have setup Swag, you will have /cache/app data/Swag/www/. Create a  webtree sub folder in that and copy the files. Then to see it go to your Swags WebUI, for example 192.168.1.102:84/webtree. You only need proxy-confs  when stuff is running on separate dockers. I assume you know how to access the Swag interface outside of you home network….. 

Edited by hernandito
  • Like 1