[Solved] Parity Device is Disabled, Drive passed preclear and passes ext smart test

Hello everyone, 

I recently decided to bump my parity drive from 10 to 12tb. This time around I decided to preclear the drive to be safe. The whole process took 4 days and concluded successfully.  I then stopped the array > unassigned 10tb > assigned 12tb > started the array. A day and a few hours later the process is complete so I go ahead and use the old 10tb parity to replace a 4tb drive in the array. Same dance as before the process completes everything is ok. A few hours later I come back to my windows VM and its frozen, I look at unraid and the parity is offline and the drive reports a bunch of errors:
image.thumb.png.3bc92cf2bae8cad4a4f015f97575044b.png

Restarted the server a couple of times after running smart checks on the drive: image.thumb.png.8554e92d17e18617cd8e11c508afc78f.png

I'm not sure where to go from here, do I have to rebuild  my parity once again before unraid will use the drive? 

Thank you. 

tower-diagnostics-20210109-2021.zip

Edited by RaidBoi1904
systemlog != system diagnostics lol

Thank you guys for the information! I will go ahead and change that sata cable (I had another drive there before that also gave me errors I will test said drive in case it was a cable issue causing those errors too, as they are from like 7 years ago). I will back as soon as the drive is back online to update you guys and the post.

• RaidBoi1904 changed the title to [Solved] Parity Device is Disabled, Drive passed preclear and passes ext smart test

--------------------------------------- Update ---------------------------------------------

The array is healthy and back to normal thank you for your help! 

• cleared the errors
  • rewired the pc (even picked other SATA ports just in case)
  • rebuilt the array

Everything is back to normal and at healthy temperatures. Next step is to test the old drives that where connected to that port as they also failed and I never thought it could be a port/cable issue. I always assumed it was the drives going bad. 

Thanks again!