(Solved) 6.8.3 Unrid Unresponsive - Recently Replaced Cache Drive

Hey All,

My unraid has not been particularly stable, most off the issues that I think I had been having with it previously had been due to running BTRFS with my cache drive - seems like a good amount of people have not had the best luck with this.

Cache drive replaced (XFS now) , docker apps re-installed - I thought I was in the clear until I have been noticing that overnight my system is becoming unresponsive, not responding to SSH.  I have had this happen twice without the ability to view if anything has prompted me on the screen, unfortunately I was forced to reset the machine.

I've attached the diagnostics for my box, i'm hoping this makes sense to somebody - TIA!

Edited by SleepingJake
Removed Diagnostic Attachment

Btrfs is more susceptible to hardware issues, so having recurring issues with it (and now without it) could mean a hardware problem, start by running memtest, if that doesn't find anything another thing you can try it to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disable, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

• Thanks 1
On 1/10/2021 at 4:39 AM, JorgeB said:

Btrfs is more susceptible to hardware issues, so having recurring issues with it (and now without it) could mean a hardware problem, start by running memtest, if that doesn't find anything another thing you can try it to boot the server in safe mode with all docker/VMs disable, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one.

I got somewhere with this, completely forgot I did change out the RAM on this system about the same time as this-heaps of memory errors.  I should be keeping a log of hardware changes & dates.

Worth noting if anybody else sees this, seems there is a known bug in memtest 5.01 that causes a false positive lockup in some cases if you are testing it with multithreading.

• Like 1