How do I transfer Windows.iso to "isos" using 1 PC ?

Exaco

Hi there, long story short I have only 1 480GB SSD ( probs I could find 500GB HDD for Parity if necessary ) and 1 Computer and I'm trying to run Virtual Win10 through Unraid.

I've started setting up everything and when I boot back to my normal Windows 10 Primary OS I've noticed that the SSD I've used in Unraid as "Disk 1" and Formatted is gone and I can't drag Windows.iso in there.

Here's how it looks right now:
500G SSD #1: Primary Win10 ( where I'm writing from now, can't format this )
2TB HDD #2: Storage ( can't format this )
480GB SSD #3: That's the spare drive I've already formatted for/in Unraid.
USB Flash Drive #4: Unraid OS

PC Specs:
R5 2600
980Ti
2x8GB RAM
B450 Gaming K4

When you have unraid booted you should be able to mount the NTFS drives using the Unassigned Devices plugin and access the files directly. Then if you wish you can copy the files you want to the Unraid drive using mc at the command line.

What you are attempting to do is not a normal setup by any means, and for several reasons you would be better off assigning some random USB stick (not the Unraid boot drive) as disk1 for Unraid, and using the 480GB as a cache disk. The label "cache" is misleading, it's more of a fast access general apps drive, which fits your layout much better.

All the tutorials and examples assume you are accessing Unraid from a different machine, so in order to do it all from one tower you are going to have to adapt and overcome.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

When you have unraid booted you should be able to mount the NTFS drives using the Unassigned Devices plugin and access the files directly. Then if you wish you can copy the files you want to the Unraid drive using mc at the command line.

What you are attempting to do is not a normal setup by any means, and for several reasons you would be better off assigning some random USB stick (not the Unraid boot drive) as disk1 for Unraid, and using the 480GB as a cache disk. The label "cache" is misleading, it's more of a fast access general apps drive, which fits your layout much better.

All the tutorials and examples assume you are accessing Unraid from a different machine, so in order to do it all from one tower you are going to have to adapt and overcome.

I've installed the "Unassiged Devices" plugin, also I've mounted my SSD where the .iso is but what then?
I can select where to install the Windows VM and select the drives, but I can't copy the .iso from one of these drives to "isos".

unRAID doesn't have any file management UI, will try the Terminal.

10 minutes ago, Exaco said:

unRAID doesn't have any file management UI, will try the Terminal.

4 hours ago, jonathanm said:

you can copy the files you want to the Unraid drive using mc at the command line.

type mc, it allows file management. Be aware, you are all powerful and can easily trash your windows if you're not careful.

10 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

type mc, it allows file management. Be aware, you are all powerful and can easily trash your windows if you're not careful.

Thanks, I've managed to setup everything now the last problem is when I select my GTX 980Ti and I boot the OS, my screen simply goes black, I guess it's because I need second GPU.

The IOMMU groups was fine out of the box, GPU isolated etc.