Freezing Server

Hello All.

I've been having this issue ongoing for a while.  The system seems to be somewhat stable if I leave the dockers disabled and the network non bonded, but when I enable bonding 802.3ad I start getting a bunch of "Call Trace" errors and "received packet on bond0 with own address as source address".  I have another server with this identical NIC connected to the same switch and same settings with zero problems.  After a short while, the docker becomes unresponsive, then I can't get to a command line or run a diagnostic, then the entire system just freezes and it won't even allow a clean shut down by power switch.  As I cannot generally pull the diagnostics after issues start occurring, I leave a log window open, and have copied that info to a text file.

I'm about to the point of just wiping this entire system and starting over.  It's been incredibly frustrating, but my backup machine runs rock solid built with just random crap I had laying around.  I'd really appreciate it if someone could guide me in the right direction here.  I have today's diagnostics attached as well as the text file.  Please let me know if you need any additional info.

tower-diagnostics-20210111-0853.zip unraid log 1.11.rtf

Hi

I cannot help with the specific issue, but I have a few pointers that might be of general assistance....

First, try to ascertain if it's the bonding, the dockers or a combination of both that's causing your problem. Run with one and not the other for a while, then swap. This will help a lot with narrowing down where the issue is.

Second to help with retrieving logs on reboot......;

Saving log files is not on by default.

Go to Settings -> Syslog Server and switch the 'mirror syslog to flash' setting to 'Yes'

You'll then be able to see the previous syslog when you reboot. A few notes from the help;

This setting is NO by default and must be used with care to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the USB device.

Change this setting to YES when troubleshooting is required and it is not possible to get the regular diagnostics information. A mirror of the syslog file is stored in the logs folder of the flash device.

Edited by meep
7 hours ago, meep said:

Hi

I cannot help with the specific issue, but I have a few pointers that might be of general assistance....

First, try to ascertain if it's the bonding, the dockers or a combination of both that's causing your problem. Run with one and not the other for a while, then swap. This will help a lot with narrowing down where the issue is.

Second to help with retrieving logs on reboot......;

Saving log files is not on by default.

Go to Settings -> Syslog Server and switch the 'mirror syslog to flash' setting to 'Yes'

You'll then be able to see the previous syslog when you reboot. A few notes from the help;

This setting is NO by default and must be used with care to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the USB device.

Change this setting to YES when troubleshooting is required and it is not possible to get the regular diagnostics information. A mirror of the syslog file is stored in the logs folder of the flash device.

Thanks Meep!  I'll give that a shot.  Do you think it would help if I deleted the network config file from the USB and reconfigured?  Is there a possibility that there is something corrupted with how the Docker passes data to the NIC?  Would deleting the Docker and rebuilding possibly fix that?