Community Applications

Dynamix Cache Directories

Dynamix Schedules

Unassigned Devices

Unassigned Devices Plus

Docker Containers:

binhex-deluge

binhex-sabnzbd

I just bought a new SSD, mobo, CPU, and RAM to refresh my 9.5 year old desktop. Install of Windows 10 Pro was fine, although I didn't know where my Putty sessions were saved and I lost those. Not the end of the world, obviously. The big items like email and uTorrent settings were able to be imported from the old AppData folders without an issue.

But something is different this time. I will get "disk is full" errors when writing data to random SECOND depth directories on one server. The other two servers have no issues writing to any depth.

Torrentz is a share.

I use Total Commander, but have the same error using Windows File Explorer. The path in TC is \\192.168.3.195\Torrentz\mine or I can choose the Network Drive U:\Torrentz\mine. Both fail. I can write to *\Torrentz.

Just figured this out: A path that was working before a reboot just now, no longer allows writing. I deleted that dir and recreated it. Same name. I can write to it now. Using Putty, If I run

mv move/* mine 

that will write to /Torrentz/mine. That worked before I deleted and recreated /move.

Checking from Total Commander, that new dir /move and /mine have the same security attributes as far as I can tell. Pressing alt+Enter is how I'm viewing them for each directory.

I've rebooted both my PC and the server.

I'm dying here. Where do I start to get this fixed?

syslog.txt

I just happened to look at disk usage in the webgui for unRAID. Turns out disk1 was full, and even though I had set that share to use all disks the error would still pop up, obviously.

I successfully used Putty to transfer data from one disk to another: 

mv mnt/disk1/Torrentz/mine mnt/disk5/Torrentz/mine

Maybe someone else can get some use out of my struggles.

15 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Check the share split level, it will override allocation method, also there needs to be an appropriate minimum free space set.

I'm trying to find threads that explain the allocation method and split level I should choose, but haven't found my answer yet.

The disks need to not get so full that this problem comes back. It's a pretty simple request (as far as I can tell), but threads I've read so far are talking about preventing the spreading of TV seasons across multiple disks. I don't really care about that.

AM: high water

Free Space: 16GB

SL: Auto split only the top level as required

This server contains torrents and a movie share that are active. The other shares are only for deep storage/backup and are rarely written to. It's a mix of 1TB, 1.5TB, and 2TB disks, totaling ten data and one parity. 14.5TB capacity, 2.42TB free.

Final edit: I've been active with unRAID for ten years (the anniversary of my first server was yesterday) and I've never had this issue, nor have I had to worry about the settings I've always used.

Edited by jeff.lebowski
5 hours ago, jeff.lebowski said:

SL: Auto split only the top level as required

This is the setting that is most likely causing problems.    With that value once a folder has been created within a share all further content of that folder is forced to the drive where the folder has been created regardless of the other settings for the share as Split Level always takes precedence when contention arises between the settings for selecting the target drive.

59 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is the setting that is most likely causing problems.    With that value once a folder has been created within a share all further content of that folder is forced to the drive where the folder has been created regardless of the other settings for the share as Split Level always takes precedence when contention arises between the settings for selecting the target drive.

Thanks.

I'm trying "split as required" for now.