[SOLVED] LSI 9207-8i SAS controller card using 75w on average?

Hi All, not sure where to post this. I assume a lot of people here is using LSI 9207-8i to connect hard drives. If you do, please take a look and check out my findings.

Before I installed the SAS Host controller card, my system is running about 45w on average. I have 4 SATA hard drive connected.

Afterward, it is running about 120 w on average.  So the LSI 9207-8i using 75w by itself when it's at idle. I have verified this as I can see all my drives are on standby.

Looking at newegg site for description of LSI 9207-8i,  It claimed "PCI Power (Nominal): 9.8W"

https://www.newegg.com/lsi00301-sata-sas/p/N82E16816118182

Can someone else have the same card take a look at their system and let me know if yout card is running around 9.8w on average.  Or is there something I am not setting correctly.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I have some of those, measured power use at about 9w.

Do you recall it was just plug and go? or did you have to tweak some settings? I have a Single SAS cable connected to 4 SATA drives.

Once I did that, it jumped from 45w to 120w usage.

Thanks!

Edited by treecats
  • 2 weeks later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] LSI 9207-8i SAS controller card using 75w on average?