Unresponsive/Crash Followed by Slow Parity Check

So yesterday around 12:30pm (ish, should have noted it down) my entire unRAID server went unresponsive. It was apparent since I run a 2x GBE card on it  with pfSense...kinda easy to take notice when your internet goes down with it lol.

Went to my home rack and tried to login via the GUI, which was frozen and wouldn't accept any inputs. So made the tough call to power off. Upon powering on the array started smoothly, all dockers, all vms on...no problems/everything seemed fine. Unfortunately there was no way for me to retrieve my syslog prior to rebooting 😪

However as of lastnight/this morning my CPU (AMD 2700X has been going wild doing the parity check, so much so that I can't stream anything from plex. Based on this I powered off or paused most if not all VMs/Dockers/etc that could be writing to the array. CPU usage/temps went down but no improvement on the plex front. It was then I noticed that the parity check has been running for over 18 hours with 2+ days estimated remaining...speed crawling along at around 16mb/sec. Pretty big yikes there.

Hit pause on the check, turned all my dockers and resumed and speeds stayed the same. Decided to take this as a bad omen and reach out for some second opinions on possible causes here. Diagnostics attached.

It should be noted that there is 1 drive with some SMART errors and its "Parity 1" a 4TB WD drive, it has a Reallocated sector count of 8 and a Reported uncorrect count of 24. However when I manually run the extended test it comes back as having no errors...which is strange. This has been the case for almost a year and I've never had parity problems before after a shutdown/reboot be it clean or unclean. I'm not saying that's not a candidate for the cause...just saying that it seems unlikely when its been like that for so long.

Any and all help/pointers appreciated.

ibstorage-diagnostics-20210111-1307.zip