How to set up a secure FTP?

I have a web hosting service that is running daily backups and I'm running out of space with the host and dont want to pay extra. They have a feature where I can save my backups remotely over FTP. I want to start saving them on my Unraid server since it has plenty of space sitting there (no reason to pay for space with the host when I have a Unraid server sitting here)

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to set up a secure FTP where I will have a URL or server path of some kind with login/password that my cpanel can access over the web to save my backups? I see there are a few apps for ftp but no idea which is more secure or if I need to do some other things to make ftp in general more secure.  I have a URL with Heimdall and SWAG setup, can I use these somehow to make it more secure?  Or is it as easy as just installing one of the ftp apps and boom, its all done and secure?  I just dont want to 'think' its secure and find out one day when theres a issue that its hasnt been secure at all.

Edited by SPOautos