nginx error spamming log & 500 Internal Server Error

Tried to login in tonight via GUI and got "500 Internal Server Error nginx". No GUI access but Plex and Pinhole etc are still reachable.

I saved the log via "cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt".  Can i post this in entirety or does it need to be sterilized? 

I copy and pasted this diagnostics into a Notepad ++ .txt file via SSH.  The error here looks like it's trying to connect to my phone. (Phone's IP address) 

500 Internal Server Error nginx

Capture2.thumb.JPG.0885e85f89919eb4b513b1a27688b471.JPG

Capture.JPG.76201ea6e5e57af081e9f92612f0e5ae.JPG

Edited by adminmat

This same thing just happened to me last night. I am not able to SSH into the host or get to the GUI to attempt to troubleshoot/reboot but the VM's are still running and everything else seems okay. I have no idea what to do other than just do a hard reset, which seems like a not so great idea.

*edit* - Also I am stubbing my GPU to a VM so my unRAID console is not available, no idea what is in there =/

Edited by rjorgenson
31 minutes ago, rjorgenson said:

This same thing just happened to me last night. I am not able to SSH into the host or get to the GUI to attempt to troubleshoot/reboot but the VM's are still running and everything else seems okay. I have no idea what to do other than just do a hard reset, which seems like a not so great idea.

*edit* - Also I am stubbing my GPU to a VM so my unRAID console is not available, no idea what is in there =/

I was able to SSH into unraid. When you SSH in (using putty for example) do you get an option to enter a username or password? If you can SSH in to unraid you can use these commands to save the syslog to the flash before you shut down / reboot. When you shut down the logs will be lost:

tail -f /var/log/syslog > /boot/syslog.txt

or

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

I also set up a syslog server on another PC using these instructions to keep a copy of what is going on if it happens again (so far it hasn't). 

Nope, my ssh connection to the server just hangs. I had an open session running midnight commander that was responsive, but when i tried to run a new shell command it just hung and is still sitting there after a few hours. My only option is to try an ACPI reboot via the power button and hope that is configured properly I guess.

32 minutes ago, rjorgenson said:

Nope, my ssh connection to the server just hangs. I had an open session running midnight commander that was responsive, but when i tried to run a new shell command it just hung and is still sitting there after a few hours. My only option is to try an ACPI reboot via the power button and hope that is configured properly I guess.

I ended up using the wrong command when I shut down that actually initiated a 'reset'. Which is as bad as hard shutdown. I should have read more at the time. 

Fortunately I didn't seem to have any corruption afterwards. So I setup a remote syslog server to capture what happens before the next crash.