Recommendations on a Miniature server to run UNraid

John Catral

I was planning on building a miniature server for my in-laws that's in another state and I was looking for a computer that has a small footprint like a QNAP/synology  2-bay NAS.  I was thinking that i could try a QNAP NAS to tinker with but I wanted to check if anyone else has other recommendations.

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, John Catral said:

I was planning on building a miniature server for my in-laws that's in another state and I was looking for a computer that has a small footprint like a QNAP/synology  2-bay NAS.  I was thinking that i could try a QNAP NAS to tinker with but I wanted to check if anyone else has other recommendations.

How many drives do you need it to hold? 

Some other options worth considering:

• U-NAS Has 2, 4 and 8-drive cases that are fairly compact and take Mini-ITX motherboards.
  • My backup unRAID server is in the popular Fractal Node 304 case which can accommodate up to six drives and a Mini-ITX motherboard.
2 hours ago, Hoopster said:

How many drives do you need it to hold? 

Some other options worth considering:

• U-NAS Has 2, 4 and 8-drive cases that are fairly compact and take Mini-ITX motherboards.
  • My backup unRAID server is in the popular Fractal Node 304 case which can accommodate up to six drives and a Mini-ITX motherboard.

I would be fine with just 2 drives, so I can keep the footprint small enough.  I guess no more than the size of a QNAP TS-2xx or TS-4xx series.

That 2-drive U-NAS looks like it'll be perfect! Thank you! :) 

Edited by John Catral