Forums slow


30 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Forums unread activity is broken. Instead of showing only 1 listing for the entire Thread it is showing every reply as a new activity. So this thread showed up 7 times. 

 

This makes the "unread" worthless and impossibly difficult to follow.

Link to post

Hi everyone.  Yes, the forums went through an upgrade last night to both the software and theme.  It appears either A) some batch jobs are still running or B) something went wrong.  The performance is NOT what we expect, but I just ask for everyone's patience while we look into and resolve the issue.  Thanks.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, PeteAsking said:

At least the wait is worth it. It looks like 50 bazoomillion times better.

Meh ... Some stuff I like, other not so much.

 

But oldish people and new stuff ...  😄 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
5 hours ago, jonp said:

forums went through an upgrade last night to both the software and theme.

Annoyance, but won't absolutely kill me.

 

Previously, on the Unread stream you could click the name of the thread and it would take you to the first unread post in the thread.  Now it takes you to the OP.  To get to the first unread you have to either click the little clock or the orange ball next to the thread.

Link to post
33 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Are the truncated notifications a bug or a “feature”?

Is this related to "Unread" messages or a visual thing? I am seeing a bug on mobile with iPhones and looking into it...

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Squid said:

Annoyance, but won't absolutely kill me.

 

Previously, on the Unread stream you could click the name of the thread and it would take you to the first unread post in the thread.  Now it takes you to the OP.  To get to the first unread you have to either click the little clock or the orange ball next to the thread.

 

Please bring back that function for guys that can't seem to hit the small balls. And I keep forgetting to hit the ball and not the title...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
16 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

Is this related to "Unread" messages or a visual thing? I am seeing a bug on mobile with iPhones and looking into it...

 

 

It’s the notification emails. Previously the email would include the entire text from the post. Now it only shows the first few words.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.