Forum Release Update


71 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 1/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, mgutt said:

Sadly they still did not boost the code formatting.

 

I mean a loading circle for a simple textarea with optional formatting and this while I'm writing in a WYSIQYG Editor without any loading time?!

1215432243_2021-01-1601_33_30-ForumReleaseUpdate-Announcements-Unraid-PersnlichMicrosoftEdge.thumb.png.5ae905ceec04ccbb157840c79d5658eb.png

 

And the code view is still a problem on smaller devices as IPS do not use nowrap, which causes misinterpreting the code. Example:

 

Correct:

785690183_2021-01-1601_37_17-Z490(VisionG)FanSensors-MotherboardsandCPUs-Unraidund1weitereSeite.thumb.png.8810bc36ddf04a89cb256fd42667aa8d.png

 

Wrong:

994526103_2021-01-1601_36_54-Z490(VisionG)FanSensors-MotherboardsandCPUs-Unraidund1weitereSeite.png.dd937c0b8b8cd17a30d4ccfe49b7c0c9.png

 

P.S. still waiting for an option to completely disable the code formatting ;)

 

I will reach out to IPS regarding nowrap and if it is possible to disable code formatting on an individual user basis.

 

In the meantime, I have added the code block button to the editor on Medium (tablets) and Small (mobile) devices:

IMG_0718.PNGIMG_0719.PNG

 

When you click the code block, you can choose which syntax you are using. I'll let you know what they say re: your other requests. Please let me know if the above changes improve your experience @mgutt.

Link to post
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is working me, mobile and desktop:    

Hello Unraid community,   The Unraid forum is now on Invision Community v4.5.4.2. You also might have noticed a UI update as part of this upgrade sequence.    During the update pro

@SpencerJ   How do I fix whats broken in the Unread Activity? It used to display a thread only once, but now its utterly messed up and displays the thread multiple times.   Notice

Posted Images

On 1/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, JorgeB said:

Another small issue, after approving a new user's first post and getting back to unread/all activity feed it still appears as unread, need to click on it again to be marked as read, this didn't happen before, it was marked as read after approving.

Even more annoying, posts that aren't yet approved won't go away for me, they always show in unread even after clicking on them. Typically that wouldn't be an issue, as a post would either be approved or banned, but with foreign language posts I'm not going to make that call either way.

Link to post
Just now, jonathanm said:

Even more annoying, posts that aren't yet approved won't go away for me, they always show in unread even after clicking on them. Typically that wouldn't be an issue, as a post would either be approved or banned, but with foreign language posts I'm not going to make that call either way.

"Won't go away for me"- What do you mean? In the approval queue mod section?

Link to post
Just now, SpencerJ said:

"Won't go away for me"- What do you mean? In the approval queue mod section?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I mean it still shows up in my unread queue, even after I've clicked on it and viewed.

Link to post
Just now, jonathanm said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I mean it still shows up in my unread queue, even after I've clicked on it and viewed.

Awaiting word from @jonp as he has a ticket in about the whole Unread kerfuffle. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, SpencerJ said:

When you click the code block, you can choose which syntax you are using

 

Is anyone really using this syntax styling? My personal option is, that it is useless. And why is HTML the default?

 

Thank you for the mobile code button. Life saver ^^

Link to post
2 minutes ago, SpencerJ said:

Example? 😁

image.thumb.png.b6b5ed0032dd7ec319345b02017b6bf9.png

No duplicated topics, stars on threads I've posted in, and the search seems to have caught up with some stuff that was posted and not showing as unread before, as I was caught up less than 5 hours ago with nothing showing unread, now I have a day old post showing unread. This is a good thing, because I know for a fact I didn't see that old post even though it wasn't listed this morning as new.

Link to post
1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

That post is gone, deleted, no more. It's an ex - post.

And it won't go away. It's at the top of my unread posts feed permanently, I guess until the next search index is complete.

Link to post
Just now, jonathanm said:

And it won't go away. It's at the top of my unread posts feed permanently, I guess until the next search index is complete.

Which makes sense, in a perverse sort of way. I can't read it as it's gone, so it's permanently unread.

 

I'll stop now.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Which makes sense, in a perverse sort of way. I can't read it as it's gone, so it's permanently unread.

 

I'll stop now.

Schrödinger's post?

 

Ok, thank you very much for the examples. I am unaware of anything changing of late but will make some inquiries. 

 

Link to post
On 1/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, JorgeB said:

Another small issue, after approving a new user's first post and getting back to unread/all activity feed it still appears as unread, need to click on it again to be marked as read, this didn't happen before, it was marked as read after approving.

@SpencerJ This is still happening.

Link to post

If they could fix the forced to click on the itty bitty tiny ball or star to go to first new unread post instead of being able to click on the Thread Title, that would be great. 

 

When I read the forums on my tablet, I have less than a 1 in 1000 chance of ever actually being able to click on that tiny speck.

Link to post

Just an FYI guys we are still actively pursuing this with the forum support team. They are looking into this and already resolved an issue with respect to the leaderboard. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of all this very soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Link to post
On 1/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, JorgeB said:

Before the update there was a different new content icon for threads you posted before both on the forum and on streams, now it doesn't appear on streams:

 

Still OK in the normal forum view

image.png.652342f8543c5751041da2e96a515917.png

 

Not in any stream:

image.png.f9207584870d4c8c67d0fc500cf959fd.png

 

This issue appears to be fixed.

Link to post
On 1/20/2021 at 2:09 AM, BRiT said:

If they could fix the forced to click on the itty bitty tiny ball or star to go to first new unread post instead of being able to click on the Thread Title, that would be great. 

 

This is working me, mobile and desktop:

 

image.png.495eab93b002ec85f7c5a482b87ff324.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post

Just throwing this out there is maybe there is someones else experiencing similar issues. I use Bromite on mobile, and everytime I visit unraid forums, the browser hangs and ask to force close. Sometimes it loads the forum homepage, and hangs in the next selected section or sometimes it hangs outright. And it only happens on this page (unraid webgui is fine). Haven't otherwise experienced a browser crash on mobile.

Link to post
On 1/29/2021 at 12:33 AM, Ver7o said:

Just throwing this out there is maybe there is someones else experiencing similar issues. I use Bromite on mobile, and everytime I visit unraid forums, the browser hangs and ask to force close. Sometimes it loads the forum homepage, and hangs in the next selected section or sometimes it hangs outright. And it only happens on this page (unraid webgui is fine). Haven't otherwise experienced a browser crash on mobile.

 

 

Same for me on Chrome on Android.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.