[SOLVED] Dell R710 server randomly crashing/Freezing

Hello,

For the past couple of weeks my server has been randomly crashing / freezing. When the server freezes I have no access at all, not through SSH  not directly via the server and no remote access.

The system stays operating between 18 and 48 hours, when it is running I see no issues at all.

I pulled a diagnostic after rebooting it today that I am attaching.

I am hoping that someone can advise me on where to start looking in order to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Chas

tower-diagnostics-20210115-1646.zip

I'm sorry it seems that nothing wants to work for me, here is my settings, I believe that I followed the instructions correctly. 

I go to the syslog1 folder and it is empty - shouldn't I see a file syslog-192.168.1.2.log ?

What am I missing? I tried using a different share and no Joy.

I added the syslog showing the errors, not sure if it will help or not.

Also I am trying to get the syslog fixed using, this fix failed. it recreated the files in boot/config without any improvement.

Should I delete them in Boot/config and  delete the rsyslog.conf in /etc  as well?

waiting for restart. But I thought I'd add that the server also has a shutdown issue. I stopped the array about 10 minutes ago and it is still "Syncing Filesystems" not sure if that is important or not.

image.png.bba5cf8dce1755a0f7a6b54e2d2cada9.png

image.thumb.png.388b1fe79597f78340bba57fc2ee88f5.png

tower-syslog-20210116-1416.zip

Edited by kysdaddy

Ok, I did the update, still not seeing the syslog file being created.

What should I try next, delete the files again and reboot?

These are the last entries on my syslog.

I tried setting the syslog server to mirror to the Flash, but that doesn't seem to work either

image.thumb.png.c298bc701023fcc46af069a7010380bd.png

Edited by kysdaddy

Thank you JorgeB.

I switched out the nic card and put in an intel card.

Hopefully that will stop the freezing.

I'm guessing that the nic card isn't the problem with my system shutting down.

When I click on any of the shutdown icons in the gui or tell the system to reboot in a terminal the system doesn't shutdown. I have let it run up to a half an hour and nothing happens.

If I stop the array the process seems to stick on sync filesystems. 

Attached is a diagnostic that I pulled after trying to switch off, waiting a few  minutes, not all that long but the system did not show that it had switched to shutting down. I stopped the array and then pulled the diagnostic.

Any suggestions are appreciated

tower-diagnostics-20210117-0951.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Dell R710 server randomly crashing/Freezing