Unraid not booting

Hi there, wondering if anyone can help.

I was following SpaceInvader's GPU dump tutorial, stopped all docker containers, stopped all VMs, I had some issues, so as instructed, bound the graphics card to the GFIO and rebooted.

Now, I'm having some issues with booting. The initial unraid screen loads (prompting me to select Unraid OS, safe mode, safe mode without GUI, etc). However, both the normal OS and safe mode (running it without GUI) get stuck at the same screen, 'changed VGA decodes'. I'll type out the safe mode output here:

random: udevd: uninitialized urandom read (16 bytes read)
Triggering udev events: /sbin/udevadm trigger --action-addudevd[1803]: starting eudev-3.2.5

Setting the system clock rate: /sbin/adjtimex --tick 10000 --frequency 0
Setting system time from the hardware clock (UTC): Sat Jan 16 04:58:19 CST 2021 fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
random: fast init done
random: crng init done
random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
/dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID: 323 files, 100962/1951754 clusters
Mounting non-root local filesystems:
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,flush,dmask=77,fmask=177,shortname=mixed)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro)
hugetlbfs on /hugetlbfs type hugetlbfs (rw)
overlayfs: upper fs does not support xattr, falling back to index=off and metacopy=off.
overlayfs: upper fs does not support xattr, falling back to index=off and metacopy=off.

vfio-pci 0000:41:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem

That 41:00.0 on the last line matches the ID of my graphics card (a Sapphire RTX 580). I'm running on an AMD threadripper system with X399 chipset (can try and find the CPU type if needed), motherboard is Asus X399-A.

Running 6.9.0 rc2. Fast boot is disabled. Prior to this, I was booting into unraid fine.

The server responds to pings, and going to the login page works, however logging in produces a 503 temporary unavailable error.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to try and fix this?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...