[Support] Djoss - Czkawka

Djoss

Support for Czkawka docker container

Application Name: Czkawka
Application Site: https://github.com/qarmin/czkawka

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/czkawka/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-czkawka

This container is based on Alpine Linux (meaning that its size is very small), has a very nice, mobile-friendly web UI to access Czkawka graphical interface and is actively supported!

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! Thank you for this!

Question though, is there a way to use the cli version? I tried opening a terminal and it seems that the cli usage of it is actually a separate program? I had assumed that it would just be a cli with a gui interface separate? I tried wgetting it from https://github.com/qarmin/czkawka/releases/download/2.3.0/linux_czkawka_cli into the docker which worked except it didnt as when i try to run it, well here:

/tmp # chmod 755 linux_czkawka_cli
/tmp # ls
linux_czkawka_cli  nginx              run
/tmp # ./linux_czkawka_cli
sh: ./linux_czkawka_cli: not found
/tmp # linux_czkawka_cli --help
sh: linux_czkawka_cli: not found
/tmp # ./linux_czkawka_cli --help

The reason I ask is I wanted to automate a few things and the cli interface is perfect for that.

Regardless, thanks for this! I have been waiting for either Czkawka or some other prog that I could run via docker that can detect similar graphics!

Cheers

Edited by gaikokujinkyofusho
1 hour ago, gaikokujinkyofusho said:

Yay! Thank you for this!

Question though, is there a way to use the cli version? I tried opening a terminal and it seems that the cli usage of it is actually a separate program? I had assumed that it would just be a cli with a gui interface separate? I tried wgetting it from https://github.com/qarmin/czkawka/releases/download/2.3.0/linux_czkawka_cli into the docker which worked except it didnt as when i try to run it, well here:

/tmp # chmod 755 linux_czkawka_cli
/tmp # ls
linux_czkawka_cli  nginx              run
/tmp # ./linux_czkawka_cli
/tmp # linux_czkawka_cli --help
sh: linux_czkawka_cli: not found
/tmp # ./linux_czkawka_cli --help

The reason I ask is I wanted to automate a few things and the cli interface is perfect for that.

Regardless, thanks for this! I have been waiting for either Czkawka or some other prog that I could run via docker that can detect similar graphics!

Cheers

The CLI version is a different binary and is not in the image.  But I can add it, it should not be a problem.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, this is an awesome docker/program! I was using the videos option recently on a directory and sub directories that I know have duplicates but it returned the error:

"Cant not read metadata in /the/dir/with/dups, reason Permission denied (os error 13)"

and said there were zero duplicates?

It seems like a permissions error but I have no idea how to resolve it?

13 hours ago, Stumpy said:

Hi, this is an awesome docker/program! I was using the videos option recently on a directory and sub directories that I know have duplicates but it returned the error:

"Cant not read metadata in /the/dir/with/dups, reason Permission denied (os error 13)"

and said there were zero duplicates?

It seems like a permissions error but I have no idea how to resolve it?

Do you know where are coming these files ?  Are there created by another container ?  If yes, it might be incorrectly configured.

Note that to restore default permissions in shares, you can use Tools->"Docker Safe New Perms".

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2023 at 11:22 PM, romain said:

I'm curious if there's a way to view photos & videos through this container?

Yes, when you search for similar photos, there is a preview of duplicates found.  For similar videos, you can also double-click the file to view it.

5 minutes ago, Djoss said:

Yes, when you search for similar photos, there is a preview of duplicates found.  For similar videos, you can also double-click the file to view it.

@Djoss thanks for writing back.

For some reason I was thinking that I couldn't see photos but I just checked again and you're right it works the same in the container as it does with the desktop version. I tried double clicking on some .mp4 and .mov files that it found and could not watch the videos. Is there anything extra that I might need to do to allow czkawka to show video?

4 minutes ago, romain said:

I tried double clicking on some .mp4 and .mov files that it found and could not watch the videos. Is there anything extra that I might need to do to allow czkawka to show video?

Did you update the image to the latest version ?  This functionality was added in the latest version published today.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Im trying to use the similar photos feature and once hashing is complete, the container crashes with the following error. I have tried multiple hashing algorithms. This is v23.11.2

[xvnc        ]  Connections: accepted: /tmp/vnc.sock
[xvnc        ]  SConnection: Client needs protocol version 3.8
[xvnc        ]  SConnection: Client requests security type None(1)
[xvnc        ]  VNCSConnST:  Server default pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian rgb888
[xvnc        ]  VNCSConnST:  Client pixel format depth 24 (32bpp) little-endian bgr888
[xvnc        ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: 0 pixels in / 0 pixels out
[xvnc        ]  ComparingUpdateTracker: (1:-nan ratio)
[app         ] 19:07:46.673 [INFO] czkawka_core::similar_images: find_similar_images
[app         ] 19:13:32.743 [INFO] czkawka_core::similar_images: find_similar_images: Done in 346.07s
[app         ] 19:15:14.553 [INFO] czkawka_core::similar_images: find_similar_images
[app         ] 19:17:06.562 [INFO] czkawka_core::similar_images: find_similar_images: Done in 112.01s
[app         ] 19:18:10.395 [INFO] czkawka_core::similar_images: find_similar_images
[app         ] thread '<unknown>' has overflowed its stack
[app         ] fatal runtime error: stack overflow

Edited by docwisdom
  • 4 months later...

I am trying to use Czkawka to fix hard links. I installed and set the path in the container. When I am inside Czkawka and define the two folders to search in my program seems to just stall out indefinity. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

One thing I noticed is it says 16/16 files. But each folder contains way more than 16 files? 

image.png.2b39d41406d9af25a76bf06f540a0e9f.png

Edited by BartyB