What will I see when a power supply fails on my Dell R710?

nraygun

I had another power supply failure on my Dell R710 and I think it's about time I go back to having two redundant power supplies. I've been running a single one since I've had the server. I had a PS failure a few months ago and replaced it with the second one and now that one failed. I bought 2 extras from eBay so I installed one of them so I'm good right now.

The question is - When I put the second power supply back in and configure for redundancy, where will I see power supply failures? Will I get a notification?

Right now most notifications get emailed to me automatically (docker updates, plugin updates, parity checks, etc.). Will I get a notification when a power supply fails?

The iDRAC6 is what I use to turn the server on and off and remote control it. I don't see anything about power supplies.

I installed the IPMI plugin and added two voltages to the footer area of the home page. I'm assuming these two voltages are for each of the power supplies.

I suppose I could monitor these for anything out of the ordinary, but I'm hoping there's something else out there that would send me a notification when one of the power supplies has a problem.

Edited by nraygun