[Support] Kanboard Docker

Overview: Support thread for the kanboard docker template on Community Applications.

Dockerhub: https://hub.docker.com/r/kanboard/kanboard/

Documentation: https://docs.kanboard.org/en/latest/

Repository: https://github.com/kanboard/kanboard

This is the support thread for the kanboard docker template that can be found on Community Applications. Kanboard is project management software that focuses on the Kanban methodology.

Installation

To install the container, find it in the Community Applications on your Unraid server and click to install from there. The port is set to 8001 by default, but you should check if that is still free on your server and change it if necessary. The data and plugin directories are mapped to the appdata folder, which you probably don't need to change unless you have reason to do so. From there on you can click apply and start the container. The default username and password is admin and admin, which you should change in the settings right away.

Feel free to ask any questions or mention problems you're facing with the container in this thread.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 6:54 AM, cammelspit said:

In case anyone wants to be able to use the plugins right from the UI. you have to add the variable yourself. Like this. image.png.3a9be38aa247671f0e82d5787604591b.png

Hey,

Another way to enable it would have been through the config file in the data folder, but I've added the option to set it when setting up the docker right away. Left it to false as default, since this is how the original config file has it set. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

Having an issue - having enabled plugins via the install, when I try and install a plugin through the webui (greenwing as an example), the following error pops up:

"Unable to open plugin archive."

a quick google suggests this is due to missing php-zip - any possible way to add this or am I doing something ridiculously silly?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: plugins work if I wget them and unzip them to the plugins folder - would be good to have it working from UI though!

EDIT: if i manually add the variable as shown by Cammelspit, it works - bit random but sorted! Keeping this up for others incase they hit the same issue!

Edited by LewJ
Updated
  • 3 months later...

This appears at the top of any page I'm on

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /var/www/app/assets/css/app.min.css in /var/www/app/app/Helper/AssetHelper.php on line 41

I tried clearing the sessions table, stopping and restarting the kanban app, docker itself and even re-installed kanban but that didn't seem to work so not sure what else can be done?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flowermoron said:

How do I set up email smtp?

I followed the instructons here but no luck so far.

You should be able to add the lines needed for smtp to in the config.php file. Since I had not mounted this to the appdata folder yet, I have updated the xml file now, but get the file mounted right now you should go to your docker page, left click the kanboard icon and select console. In there run the command "cp -u /var/www/app/config.php /var/www/app/data/config.php" without quotes. Then the config.php file should appear in your appdata/kanboard/data folder and you can add the lines needed for smtp there.

I am not currently using this docker anymore so I'm not sure about all the settings to get email work, but the guide on the kanboard website should be able to help you out.

2 hours ago, flowermoron said:

How do I set up email smtp?

I followed the instructons here but no luck so far.

You should be able to add the lines needed for smtp to in the config.php file. Since I had not mounted this to the appdata folder yet, I have updated the xml file now, but get the file mounted right now you should go to your docker page, left click the kanboard icon and select console. In there run the command "cp -u /var/www/app/config.php /var/www/app/data/config.php" without quotes. Then the config.php file should appear in your appdata/kanboard/data folder and you can add the lines needed for smtp there.

I am not currently using this docker anymore so I'm not sure about all the settings to get email work, but the guide on the kanboard website should be able to help you out.

Edited by ArieDed
4 hours ago, Phredwerd said:

Is there a way to revert the sub-task organization back to how it used to be as opposed to the way it's setup now with stacking?sample.thumb.jpg.ca5e2368d0b9e757fc49b8b512ca3189.jpg

I preferred it with the "X" moving icon, the drop down and the name of the task be all in the same line.

For me the sub-task organization is still in the same line, maybe a force reload of the webpage could help or the theme you are using is causing the stacking?

13 hours ago, ArieDed said:

For me the sub-task organization is still in the same line, maybe a force reload of the webpage could help or the theme you are using is causing the stacking?

Ok it seems that the Nebula theme (installed via the Customizer plugin) was causing this issue as well as this error:

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /var/www/app/assets/css/app.min.css in /var/www/app/app/Helper/AssetHelper.php on line 41

Showing up at the top of any page you were on. I guess it must be outdated? Too bad. I liked that theme.