"When running on UPS" - options

jj_uk

My server is in an inaccessible location. I get about 20-30mins from the ups as long as the server isn't doing too much heavy lifting when theres a power-cut.

Is there a way to set some options when running on ups, maybe:

Stop running parity check and spin down all drives.

Stop specified dockers when ups battery is 50%.

Stop all dockers when  battery is at 20%.

Go into a safe suspended state at 5% battery.

Automatically restart everything when power is restored and battery is back up to 20%.

My server can auto power-on after a power cut in the bios, but not if unraid shuts off the server, it has to be an uncontrolled power loss, which isn't a good idea.

If unraid went into a safe state, then just let the battery run out, it could auto power back on via bios and restore its self without me having to crawl through the roof to press the power button.

(I get regular power cuts)

I'd look at moving into IPMI in your situation, that way the server can shut down safely and conserve battery, then you can remotely power it back up again when power is restored. Also, running the batteries down regularly will shorten their lifespan dramatically. Lead acid batteries don't actually like being used - unless you're using deep cycle batteries, in which case carry on.