Using Nginx Proxy Manager as a reverse proxy with a custom network

plissje

Hi guys,

So I recently moved to UNRAID from FreeNAS and I was wondering about a setup I had that I wanted to implement in UNRAID but seems to be quite difficult from to actually do.

The idea is I have several services that are using non-encrypted connections at the moment on my local network side, such as bitwarden_rs. I'm using an HAProxy on my pfsense to reverse proxy that connection so that I have HTTPS enabled when accessing it from the outside. The problem is that I still don't like having clear-text traffic running through my LAN.

The way I did this before was using docker networks and Nginx-Proxy-Manager where my dockers would be associated with the NPM network only, meaning only by using NPM reverse proxy I can access those services. The un-encrypted traffic would only be in the internal docker network keeping things secure.

So the final flow would look like this:

Internet -> PfSense(HAproxy) -> Nginx-Proxy-Manager -> Service

and accessing the service directly is not possible.

I've enabled the support for user networks and created a new one, but when I try to add a container to it, it still maps to the external IP of the unraid server instead of using local traffic.

Would appreciate if someone can let me know what I'm missing.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...