Is methodology for passing through Hardware Acceleration (InteliSync) in UNRAID for Plex applicable to any docker (eg. Jellyfin)?

tmor2

Does anyone know whether the method for making Hardware Acceleration (HWA)  in UNRAID available to Plex Docker provided here, will work for any other docker container, such as Jellyfin?

In other words, if I enable Hardware Acceleration (HWA) via "/dev/dri" on Plex, can I use the same methodology to make HWA available to other dockers?

For example, (assuming all steps were followed to edit "nano" file here) to make HWA available to jellyfin/jellyfin container, can I edit the "Jellyfin" docker and add a new device, with following details (then, of course, enable HWA within Jellyfin Web GUI):

Config Type:   Device

Name:            /dev/dri

Value:            /dev/dri

Thnks.

Edited by tmor2
  • tmor2 changed the title to Is methodology for passing through Hardware Acceleration (InteliSync) in UNRAID for Plex applicable to any docker (eg. Jellyfin)?

...well, not quite clear what files you want to edit here.

In general, the method is common for adding/mapping a host device into a container....others are using this for intel IGP (device is /dev/dri) devices, too...like with handbrake docker.

If the main app inside the docker can make use of that device is another story.....if it can while running native on a linux host, it should work inside the docker as well.

Once you have mapped the device, you need to configure the App inside the docker accordingly, in order to use it.

Being it jellyfin, plex or handbrake is not a matter of how/if the device is mapped, but rather where the configuration inside the App resides in order to enable/make use of the device.

Edited by Ford Prefect