New server build advice request

snowborder714

I've run out of room in my current chassis and also am running on very old hardware that is not able to support features/functions I'm looking to utilize.

I have been looking for a used rack mount unit as they seem to be fairly affordable with good hardware and easily able to hold and maintain good temps on a bunch of drives.  The 12 bay units are the ones I've been considering.  My current setup is five disks (parity included) and an 2.5" SSD cache drive.  I have another disk to add to the array and plan on adding at least another disk or two from another server that I'd like to consolidate into Unraid.

I found this while browsing eBay and wanted to get some feedback if it will work for me as well as if it's a good choice or if I should be looking at something else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERMICRO-CSE-829U-X10DRU-I-12LFF-2x-12C-E5-2678V3-2-5GHz-2x-PSU-0GB-RAM-NO-HD/133571662867?hash=item1f197dd413:g:QH4AAOSw0dVfqbms

Other than it needing RAM (which isn't hard to find nor terribly expensive) and potentially disk trays (although I've read about other people receiving their server from this seller with trays), anything I'm missing?  I'm the least knowledgeable about backplanes, SATA/SAS connections, if I'd need an HBA or if the onboard connections will do, etc.

Current/future plans for my server:

File storage/hosting/syncing

Emby for streaming

Unifi controller via docker

Pihole via docker

VM's

Security camera capture/storage

Future hardware:

Graphics card for hardware transcoding

10Gb NIC

PCIe card for NVME drives for faster cache

Servers are a bit out of my knowledge base so I appreciate any and all help!