Unraid Network upgrade help to 2.5/5/10 gigabit

Xbgt1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:34 PM, Xbgt1 said:

I am looking for cards that will work in unraid that specifically support at least 2.5 and 5 gigabit. If it's 10 gig it needs to support 5 and 2.5 as well. Has anyone been able to get something like this working?

Incase anyone else is interested I went ahead and did an experiment and picked up a QNAP QXG-5G2T-111C (89 dollars) expecting it not to work but it worked straight out of the box giving 5 gigabit speeds. I ran a straight cable to my desktop NIC that is 5 gigabit and got a usb 3.2 to 5 gigabit nic and configured IPs and jumbo packets and I am getting 300-500 MB/s from my laptop right now.

I am writing to a ZFS Raidz with a 250GB ssd cache that I setup following the ZFS on Unraid setup.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, Xbgt1 said:

Incase anyone else is interested I went ahead and did an experiment and picked up a QNAP QXG-5G2T-111C (89 dollars) expecting it not to work but it worked straight out of the box giving 5 gigabit speeds. I ran a straight cable to my desktop NIC that is 5 gigabit and got a usb 3.2 to 5 gigabit nic and configured IPs and jumbo packets and I am getting 300-500 MB/s from my laptop right now.

I am writing to a ZFS Raidz with a 250GB ssd cache that I setup following the ZFS on Unraid setup.

Hi, Xgb1

Would you mind to share which version of Unraid you were running the QNAP QXG-5G2T-111C Nic?

Thanks