Vega 64 passthrough with OSX

Has anybody successfully passed a vega 64 to a OSX VM? I have a Vm created with the Macinabox which works on VNC but  I cannot get to work with the card.  I can pass the card successfully to a WIN10 VM so it is not the card. I enabled Lilu and whatevergreen, is there any other setting required in opencore?

Thanks for helping.

Renato

Hi!  Yes, I did finally figure out what I need to do to get it to work reliably under a macOS VM.

The biggest thing I found was that I have to completely power the machine off, and then, when the unraid server comes up, my macOS VM will display video output on the card. But only once. After that, I have to power the machine completely off, and then turn it back on.

I have my machine type set to be a q35 5.1, and used OpenCore from SpaceInvaderOne's macinabox.

I read the ROM from the card and have specified that.

I also set up the graphics card and the audio part together like this:

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <rom file='/mnt/user/roms/msi-vega64.2.rom'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x08' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>

fwiw, I have an MSI aircool version of the card.

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important thing - I cannot have my 4k monitor plugged in (or at least, for me, not turned on).  Otherwise it doesn't work. I have a secondary 1080p monitor on DP that I leave plugged in, and then I get the OC boot screen and everything works fine.  I can plug in the 4k monitor after it is up and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps!

Edited by IronRooster
forgot important bit!