[Support] [Depreciated] FlippinTurt PiHole DoT-DoH

On 12/25/2021 at 12:25 PM, FlippinTurt said:

How did you go about changing the hostname, through docker environment variables or within the container itself?

In extra parameters, "--hostname={namehere}" like instructed in the first post. It used to work (equal sign or not makes no difference).

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah this is exactly what happened to me too 😞 Just broke after update and im getting the following,

s6-supervise pihole-dot-doh (child): fatal: unable to exec run: Permission denied

s6-supervise pihole-dot-doh: warning: unable to spawn ./run - waiting 10 seconds

Im on Unraid version 6.11.0-rc4... not sure if that makes a difference.

Due to some issues I had for a longer time decided to clean install the docker removing appdata directory for pihole-dot-doh aswell.

After the new install it creates the directory with the subdirectories: config, dnsmasq.d and pihole. In the config directory there used to be two yamls for cloudflared and stubby. But they were not placed in there. For some reason my pihole is able to reach both 127.2.2.2@5253 and 127.1.1.1#5153 But I am unable to find where the config files are since I want to edit them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 8:31 PM, Jimmeh said:

5.11.4 was released on July 10th. Will you be pushing an updated docker image or is there something I need to do on my side?

https://github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/releases/tag/v5.11.4

Edit: Thanks :)

My container is still stuck on v5.10. Is there something wrong on my end or do the new container images still using version 5.10?

Edited by odje
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • FlippinTurt changed the title to [Support] [Depreciated] FlippinTurt PiHole DoT-DoH
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 5:56 PM, srepper said:

Still the same error, any solutions?

I have fix this issue, i create a image with the fix and plan to keep updating the image when new pihole version realease , but i am not sure what to do, create an other template or else...
anyway using this for my own need so let me know

Edited by ZappyZap
25 minutes ago, ZappyZap said:

I have fix this issue, i create a image with the fix and plan to keep updating the image when new pihole version realease , but i am not sure what to do, create an other template or else...
anyway using this for my own need so let me know

There are 2 others already, the right one seems maintained, anything different?

image.thumb.png.7a0d7185af4d18c6ea09b503f0058320.png

Edited by Kilrah

I could not found the github repo for the rigth one to be honest.
the docker hub repository is just the container , no readme, nothing else.
No support forum etc...
I was tempted t use that , but ..... because all the point above i did not

Nothing against it , but i always tried to understand and know as much as i can what i am using

Edited by ZappyZap
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Is yours directly compatible with the flippinturt template? If so post the registry link, should just be a matter of changing the source.

yes actually , i did not yet bother to redo a template, i edit edit the flippinturt i had and change the image 
and woila.
registry link : https://hub.docker.com/r/devzwf/pihole-dot-doh
nothing fancy all the credit go to testdasi

Edited by ZappyZap

I'm super stupid... so since flippinturt deprecated this (no hard feelings, thanks for all your hard work!) ZappyZap's maintaining a new image at the devzwf link above? How do I get that into Unraid to swap over? Or can I use testdasi's Unraid app instead like screenshotted in a post above? Sorry, I don't understand the differences in any of these (except that flippinturt's is broken).

1 hour ago, hoodust said:

I'm super stupid... so since flippinturt deprecated this (no hard feelings, thanks for all your hard work!) ZappyZap's maintaining a new image at the devzwf link above? How do I get that into Unraid to swap over? Or can I use testdasi's Unraid app instead like screenshotted in a post above? Sorry, I don't understand the differences in any of these (except that flippinturt's is broken).

edit your actual  flippinturt template (by left clicking on the container and go to edit)
then replace the image as shown bellow and the docker hub url as well https://hub.docker.com/r/devzwf/pihole-dot-doh

pihole_dotdoh.png

Edited by ZappyZap
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, ZappyZap said:

edit your actual  flippinturt template (by left clicking on the container and go to edit)
then replace the image as shown bellow

pihole_dotdoh.png

All I changed was the repo (per your screenshot) and for some reason it failed and the docker completely disappeared, lol. I was able to install testdasi's template, then change the repo and all is well now. Thanks!

12 hours ago, ZappyZap said:

perhaps would be better for me to just create a new template....
will see

Actually, your instructions worked fine and swapped over to the new images without issue on both my UnRAID server as well as my (soon to be replaced) Windows Docker. Buttery smooth and all updated, thank you.