Help Choosing a SAS Card (HP Prolaint DL380 G6)

54 minutes ago, xqplc said:

Hello Unraid, 

I currently have a HP ProLiant DL380 G6 and I've been using a p420i SAS card which hasn't been working too well with unraid so I've been told to get another SAS card. Now I'm making this post to make sure this SAS card works ok with unraid. 

I have a DL380p G8 server in a datacentre running UnRAID and it too has the p420i SAS controller... In order for the disks to be presented from the server to UnRAID they had to all be individually mounted as RAID 0 so they could be passed through to UnRAID.

I was having some (minor) issues and I so used the HP SPP (Service Pack for Proliant) disk to change the p420i from RAID mode to HBA to HBA momode... this then presents the disks to UnRAID as-is rather than hardware RAID presenting them to a software RAID solution... and for the past year or two its been perfectly stable.

From memory I think I changed to HBA mode and then just went into UnRAID and assigned the disks to the correct slots and it all worked fine... I would suggest doing some research on this before making any changes though ;-)

Anyway, I thouhgt I would share this as I suspect that the G6 will most likely be able to do this too.

• 3 weeks later...